Wednesday, May 1, 2013

How Jenna Lyons Transformed J.Crew Into A Cult Brand

Great article featured in FAST COMPANY!


Jenna Lyons is in her corner office sucking on an iced coffee as if it were manna. The room looks like a cross between a boudoir and an artist's loft, with a peach fur draped over a white leather eames chair. The industrial windows stretch up and up, like Lyons's legs, which are punctuated by a pair of metallic, sparkled 3-inch stilettos. But the coffee just isn't cutting it. "I'm so hungry. I haven't eaten in 10 days," says the executive creative director and president of J.Crew, not hyperbolically. "I was like, errrr! errrr! with every pair of pants," she adds, making that grunting sound familiar to all women at some point in their lives. Turns out even the most fashionable manager in America can have a bad clothing day. "The inside button would pop before I even zipped it. I was like, Oh, God!" So Lyons went on an organic-juice-cleanse-plus-Isogenics bender and has consumed nothing but liquids for more than a week. "I'm a little bit mangry. Hangry mangry," she confesses, within five minutes of my arrival.

 Read the entire article here.

 Corner office.



No comments:

Post a Comment