Thursday, March 6, 2014

Oil Pulling. . .

If you haven't heard or seen this yet, I sharing again.
The complete article can be found on Fashion Lush here.


Everyone has a morning routine… mine has recently changed. Let me share::
1. First things first, I battle with my alarm (i.e. hit snooze thirty times).
2. Bitzy then wakes me up, I stumble to the kitchen to feed her and let her out.
3. We both get back into bed & snuggle for a bit.
4. I turn on morning cartoons (not kidding).
5. Head to the kitchen & put a spoonful of coconut oil in my mouth.
6. Get back in bed, set a 20 minute timer, start checking emails.
So, you may be wondering about #5. Why the hell am I putting a spoonful of coconut oil in my mouth & then getting back into bed with a 20 minute timer.
Two words. Oil Pulling. One word. Obsessed
Oil pulling has been around for years, which makes me mad I’ve only just found out about it. It’s an ancient Ayurvedic technique that basically involves you swishing oil in your mouth for 20 minutes (no more no less) & it pulls toxins out of your body through your mouth. The idea behind it is pretty simple stupid- the oil is “sticky” and when you swish it around in your mouth bacteria gets stuck in the oil & dissolves.
It’s easy to do. Pick an oil, you can use ORGANIC coconut oil or sesame oil (I prefer coconut cause it also has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, & anti-inflammatory properties), put anywhere from a teaspoon to a tablespoon (depending on what you can handle) in your mouth, swish for 20 minutes.
I know, I know you are freaking out about the 20 minute thing, but TRUST me when I say- it flies by. Something about the whole process is relaxing to me. No talking, just swishing. Pull the oil through your teeth & make sure NOT to swallow it. Once you start, that oil fills up with toxins (the ones you’re going to get rid of), you don’t want to swallow!! When your timer beeps, spit out the toxic waste into a plastic baggy or directly into the trash. Don’t spit it down the drain cause the oil will solidify again & mess up your pipes.

And in a totally separate post unrelated I read all this:
Hello Lovelies! I workout almost every day, I try to eat healthy and live a happy life focusing on the beauty within. But as I stare the big 4 0 in the face I have noticed lots of changes in my skin. (Besides wrinkles & droopy eyelids!) I have tried so many different products for blemishes, dry skin, oily skin, uneven skin tone, AGH! So I decided to try coconut oil. Every night & every morning I wash my face with warm water and coconut oil. It has been amazing! Evened out my tone, cleared up my skin and has given me a dewy completion! I really didn't think it would work but I love it so much and just wanted to share with you all!!
Cori Taylor's photo.

here are the simple steps...Wet face and rub a generous amount of coconut oil on your face. (Note: Coconut oil takes on a solid form when it's cold. You can use a spoon to get the oil out of the jar if your fingers aren't doing the job. Remember, though, that this stuff liquefies quickly in your hands.) Wet a washcloth with warm water and rest on face for 10-15 seconds. Begin to [gently] wipe away the coconut oil. After wiping away excess oil, your face should have a little bit of a leftover sheen. That's fine, as the remaining coconut oil will absorb quickly. And Bonus, it helps to naturally lengthen your lashes!

You can use in the shower or bath and rub on any red bumps or eczema as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment