Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Richard Vincent de Latour Jewelry

Featured in French Vogue, you can read the full article here.  I love the tribal influences, big bold pieces.



What prompted you to get creative?

My father, craftsman and painter gave me a taste for beautiful materials, a certain requirement in achieving the objects and an openness to the world of art and decorative arts. After spending six years working clothes and accessories alongside Sandrine Philippe, I decided to start me and get back to leather.


How would you describe your universe?

masculine enough, at least based on the male. I would say it is a confrontation of techniques and materials, a luxury in the working of the material (leather, lace, silk screening, painting ...) and also a sketch in the shapes. I like things graphic and highly contrasted. I design my jewelry primarily as design, I love the work of Konstantin Grcic and the Bouroullec brothers.


What are your inspirations?

I greatly admire the work of cutting and construction of Rick Owens or Ann Demeulemeester. I am also inspired many of the primitive arts or painting of the 18th century French, but also contemporary artists like Louise Bourgeois and Wim Delvoye. I also really like the Museum of Hunting in Paris for his next cabinet of curiosities and cozy atmosphere.

Where does your passion for jewelry?

I was very influenced by the woodwork when I saw my father, a restorer of antique furniture, working in his studio. The design evokes more than fashion, I like to flip through magazine as AD or Intramuros to find new ideas.

What is your favorite part of the collection?

This is the collar that I like most. It is very impressive and it's a good summary of my work. While I particularly volumes, I may as well get excited for a gem of more exuberant than gems.



What are the fashion designers that inspire you?

Rick Owens, Ann Demeulemeester, Iris von Herpen ....

What are your future plans?

Launch an online store and create unique pieces embellished with tortoiseshell or stingray. I want to renew me and trying new materials.








No comments:

Post a Comment