Monday, August 15, 2011

Vacation Recap!!

Aspen Summer 2011
What an amazing adventure!



Flying in. . . 
We have arrived! What a welcoming door.

The beautiful home we stayed in.

Out to dinner with B!

ahhhh.

Post cocktails - it really satisfies!

Our gorgeous morning hike!

overlooking town.

P&C.

T&B.

Back at the ranch with some Veuve.

P makes important calls.

Tough day on the job.
(LOOK AT THIS VIEW!)

Fireside chat.

Peek of the moon.

Hanging out!

Delightful!

 Dinner Preparations.




We awake to take on the Ute Trail & the Ajax climb. . .

The Ute Trail in Aspen is very steep and heavily used.

45+ minutes up with an elevation gain of 1300ft.


Top of Ute Trail, on the way up to Ajax.

A fanny pack hug is more than necessary. . .

I might look happy here. . . but I was already exhausted.

The climb up Ajax. . .

Long and steep, with very little in the way of traversing or flats, Ajax is a serious grind.  It’s long (I was told it was 3 miles but upon further reading, more like 5) and steep (you’re clearing over 3,000 vertical feet).
   
At times I didn't think I would make it. . .

wonder if i can take a dip!?

we climb. . .

. . . and we climb.

Feeling I can't go much further, but I simply can't turn back.

Give me strength.

I think I sat down and cried at this point. Don't judge me.

Can we get much higher!!??

The Top!!

The crew!

What a great view.

Joy, a gondola ride down!


. . .and a cold beer!


a  perfect end to the day.
Until we fly back again!



No comments:

Post a Comment